Monday, January 11, 2010

New baby Spencer!


Well, we had our new little boy! He is just perfect! Spencer was born on New Year's Eve (Dec. 31st) at 6:35pm. He was 7lbs 11oz and 19 inches long. Labor went well for the most part, at least as well as labor goes. :) The kids were able to go to Grandma and Grandpa Fawcett's house while Daddy and Mommy were with our new little brother. I ended up spending two nights in the hospital this time. With my other two children I only spent one night in the hospital but Spencer has a few little things that makes us a little more concerned. He was born with some paresis on the right side of his face which the pediatrician felt would resolve itself, and it has. However, we have had some difficulty with him eating. I breastfeed and he still isn't breastfeeding that well. Right now I am pumping and giving him breast milk in a bottle. I am still continuing to try and get him to breastfeed though. He also has a small tag on his right ear which we are hoping is just a cosmetic component that can be removed in a few months. However, he didn't pass his hearing screening so we are hoping for the best there. We will go in for another screening at the end of this month. So, there were just a couple items that made us more concerned and the pediatrician felt we should stay one more night. I was definately ready to go home after that. :) Carter and Makenna also missed mommy and daddy.

It's SO great to be home with my three little ones! I just adore them! There is nothing greater than being a mom! Carter LOVES his baby brother. He is always getting me a diaper, wipe, and helps warm up his bottles. He is the most loving little boy and such a great child to have first! Carter gives his brother constant hugs and kisses. Makenna is not quite so sure yet. She is still really little. However, as he is getting older Makenna is showing more interested in her little brother and will randomly give him kisses and then she's done. :) It's always short, but she is getting a lot better. Spencer is starting to be awake more now so that's a lot of fun. Hopefully you enjoy these pictures. We love you all. Also, look at the post right before this too. I posted pictures of Christmas. Love you all!

4 comments:

Sterling, Wendy, Brooklyn, and Trevor said...

Congratulations on your new baby boy!! He is SO cute! Seriously, he is quite the cute boy. I am glad that delivery went well. Let me know if you need anything. You guys are such a cute family!!

Colorado Smarts said...

Cute little family! So sad that we missed meeting little Spencer by just a few days.

Ryan and the Girls said...

So cute! Congratulations! I am glad to hear that things are going better. How are liking Layton? We sure miss you!

Jared and Crystal said...

Spencer is such a cutie! Congrats girlie!