Monday, August 31, 2009

We are having another.......

BOY!!!!! We had our ultrasound today for our new baby and found out that it's a boy. We are all excited. Now our even family has been tipped and the boys win. It's official: Makenna is outnumbered. So far she will have two brothers and no sisters. However, her personality tells me she is ALL girl, and I'm thinking she won't mind being spoiled for now. Carter and this new little boy will be a good distance apart to be great friends and we still have time to get a playmate for Makenna. :) Besides, this way there may be less drama in the house when the teenage years come.

Having said that, we also would have been 100% happy with a girl. I'm just happy that the doctors said that the baby looks healthy and strong. I always think of all the things that can happen to these little babies and I'm sure grateful for my blessings and the opportunity I have to be able to bear children. They are the greatest joy! We told Carter he is having a little brother and right now he seems excited and says that he will share a room with him. Hopefully it will stay that way. Carter and Makenna are so good with each other already, I am sure another little boy will blend right in. Thanks for all your prayers and love. We will look forward to having another little addition to our family in the middle of January!

Also, we planted 4 trees today. We planted a peach, pear, apple, and a mimosa tree. Hopefully they grow and don't die. :)

P.S> Reed is having difficulties putting the pictures on here, so I will update soon with the pictures. I am too tired right now!

4 comments:

Jared and Crystal said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting. Glad to hear things are going well!

Michelle said...

So cool! I'm glad you posted about it; I was wondering about you guys.

Good luck with school!

Colorado Smarts said...

Congrats again on having a boy!

Anonymous said...

He is almost here and I can't wait. A little over two weeks until I get to come see all of you. I hope that spencer waits for me. i want him to be born on your due date. Jan 15th. I am so excited. Love you guys