Tuesday, June 9, 2009
We have a house!!!!
I just wanted all of you to know that our house is now officially under contract! Wooo hooo! We have been looking at houses over the last month or so and have seen many that we don't like, and some that we do. Honestly, I think I'm just really picky and want to get a great deal. However, we went through a house for a second time this past Saturday, and we decided to put an offer down. We absolutely love it! We started really low, and the seller did counter-offer, but only raised it 3,000. It started at 189,900 and then went down to 179,900 and with a combination of all the fees we wanted them to pay it brought it down another 7,000. So, them raising it up 3,000 wasn't a huge deal. We still feel like we got a great deal on the home. I am sorry that I don't have pictures. If all goes according to plan, we are supposed to close the second week in July. Then we can move in and I will take pictures to post. I will tell you a little about the home now though. It has 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom and is 1,765 Square feet. A two car garage with a fenced yard. It was built in 2003 and has 0.18 acres. It is right across the street from a city park and has central air. We just love it! It has a lot of storrage space and comes with a built in alarm system. It is in Clearfield. Oh, it also has a jetted tub!!!! It's not a huge home, but is plenty big for our first home. It has two family rooms which is great, and a walk-in pantry. We also will get a 5,000 grant to use for a down payment since it is in the Clearfield area, and we get the 8,000 tax credit for next year. You can't beat that! The neighborhood is REALLY nice! The other homes are going for 220,000 and 250,000. We are a little worried that people will be stuck up, but I think it will be fine. It's a newer neighborhood so there are A LOT of little kids. We went and there were kids everywhere! Carter and Makenna will have many friends. Anyway, just wanted to tell you a little bit about it. It will be really nice and we're excited. It will be great for us. We love you all. Thanks for all your prayers! We will keep you updated as we get everything in order to close on the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet! I didn't know about the possibility of getting a grant. How does that work? We're looking to buy as well.
I'm so excited for you guys! You definitely deserve it.
Post a Comment