Sunday, May 10, 2009
A new addition to our family....
Okay...so don't worry. It is a dog and not another baby. :) Carter and I have been wanting a dog for a LONG time! Everytime we see a dog Carter says, "Carter want dog too." So...I decided that we will get a dog for Reed's graduation. Not that he's too excited about it (he does like dogs though) but because we deserve it for having to put up with him going to school and being gone ALL the time! I have been looking for the last 3 weeks or so trying to find a good deal on a smaller dog that doesn't shed. I went back and forth about different breeds of dogs, and finally decided we would take a look at these Shitzu puppies. Carter went with me and we IMMEDIATELY fell in love with this one from the litter. We had to wait a few days until he was ready to come home but finally yesterday we got to pick him up and Rachelle helped me. (She was here visiting since Reed was out of town). We all just love him, and Hayden does too! So now, we are looking to get Rachelle a little dog too. He is about 7 1/2 weeks old and loves to run and play. We decided to name him Archie. I know, a wierd name, but I like it because I will never name one of my kids that. :) Carter can't get enough of "his puppy." We still have some potty training to work out, but he is actually doing pretty good. Anyway! I guess that's about it. All is well here. We just wanted to show you our new fun boy!
--UPDATE-- Rachelle ended up getting his brother. It was meant to be. The other one who was supposed to get his brother, something fell through at the last minute so Rachelle jumped in on the deal. She should be posting pictures on her blog today. (I called and got after her because they weren't on yet) So, it will be fun to have our puppies grow up together. We have to plan a play date soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
He is so cute Sharalyn! Have fun with him!!!!!
Again he is adorable! Hollee wants to be invited to your blog. sprocket_pocket@yahoo.com
Post a Comment